Wednesday, February 20, 2008

stuck on a deserted island



Honestly, I have no idea about being stranded on a deserted island. If I was somehow stranded with only five "cassette tapes", I would probably go insane because I couldn't even tell you if my favorite bands have cassette tapes. I imagine a few would, but the songs I really like today probably wouldn't be on there. But in order to make this grade, I will put my imagination cap on and pretend like the songs I'm thinking of are on "cassette tapes" and not a more modern "CD". Now before I begin, one has to ask the question "where the hell am I going to get power for this old-school ghetto blaster?" Batteries run out and palm trees don't come with plug-ins. Anyway, if I were to pick five tapes to have with me, I would probably want something like Toby Keith, Brooks and Dunn, Big and Rich, George Straight, Dierks Bently, etc. However, on the other hand, I might want rock bands such as Metallica, Disturbed, Slayer, Godsmack, and Rob Zombie. Then again, there's another side of me that would probably like bands such as ZZ top, The Eagles, AC-DC, Black Sabbath, and Van Halen. These are pretty much any of the bands I would like to have with me for the rest of my days. I know I didn't narrow these artists down to just five, but come on! How can a person like me decide on just five groups? There are a ton more bands that come to mind but these are just a few that popped into my head at the time I was thinking about genre. I guess if I was to narrow it down to just five, I would pick maybe 2 of each, minus one. I honestly cannot decide which five. It would probably come down to picking them out of a hat. I don’t know, they’re all great in my book.

No comments: