Sunday, April 27, 2008

Current Favorite Song





Ok, so I can't say I have a 'favorite' song at the moment, but this one strikes me as good, so I'm just going to go with it. This song is a parody of Toby Keith's "How do you like me now." That's pretty much what Cletus T. Judd does is make parodies of country artists' songs. I enjoy listening to songs like these because of the simple humor used. Watching the video, Cletus is from the big city and has a relative that lives on the farm. He thinks it would be fun to go to the family farm and do things such as huntin and fishin, but he finds out the family has given him a list of chores to do to expose him to farm life. In the video, he has no idea of what to expect, nor how to go about doing things. I find things like that funny because it shows how people from the city have no idea about farm life, or how things are in the country. I have done and experienced just about all there is to do on the farm, as far as work goes. I have milked a cow and fed chickens and things like that. I would have to say probably the most physically exhausting thing to do on the farm would be throwing hay, which Cletus finds out that you can't fit many bales into a fancy sports car. All in all, the focal point of the whole song is to crack fun at Toby's song. It's all done in good humor, as you can see Toby is in the video himself. Not many artists can say they'd be comfortable with crackin jokes at their own work.

No comments: